Monday, August 30, 2010

My garden

Here is a photo of my tomatoes. Lynn planted these for me in our front yard (aka the field) in June. I've been neglecting them terribly and they have nothing to help them stand up so they're forming an extremely bushy and dense ground cover at the front part of the field. There are many tomatoes, in a variety of interesting and rather unappealing shapes. These are some of the nicer ones.

We've also got squash, cucumbers, and a row of sunflowers that are in bloom and only a foot high, since I planted them later in the season than I should have. Around the back I've also got sweet peas, black eyed susans, lavatera, chives, and parsely. Strewn around the front field I have ornamental poppies, california poppies, lots of sunflowers and lavatera, and more sweet peas. I neglected all of these terribly too, so I don't have any flowers and I probably won't get any from anything other than the sunflowers, which apparently thrive on neglect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home