Monday, August 23, 2010

A big YAY for cable


Erick and I have been busy! Just look at this lovely second floor. This is where we left off two weeks ago. Yes, I really am *that* far behind in my posting! Erick and I put on 3/4 of the decking for the second floor all by ourselves within two days (that's about 600 square feet of 6" boards that each need to be glued, screwed, and clamped), and we finished up the remaining 200 square feet the next three nights after we got home from our day jobs.

While I'm at it, I thought I'd pass some of the blame for my delinquency in blogging to our cable provider. We got cable a week and half ago (around the time my computer's power bar got pressed into service at the house), and we've been so busy watching HGTV (I think it stands for Home and Garden, but I'll confess I'm guessing about the garden part) that I haven't been able to make myself set up my computer again. Also I'd like to note that now that I've been watching HGTV for a week, I have a better appreciation for how crazy Erick and I are. What we're doing is an awful lot like the show 'House of Bryan', except we:

1) both work full time

2) are doing this on a shoe-string budget (compared to Bryan's!! We can't afford custom furniture, custom draperies, granite, marble, and a backyard oasis!)*

3) don't have a designer on call

4) and lastly, don't have the liberty of calling in a crew when we're running behind schedule.

* Edited to add this after numerous complaints about this comment from my ever practical dad. Sheesh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Erick said...

and...
5) We are not professional builders. In fact neither of us have any experience building anything higher than 5 feet in height. However, the key to success is surrounding yourself with good people... so far so good. (Plus Rosie is awesome)

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Yay for posting! Yay for pics of the top floor. That looks amazing Rosie!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Poppy Balser said...

looks great!!

Haven't seen house of bryan but I knew you were nuts anyway! (Just kidding, I think what you are doing is amazing and look forward to seeing it again in person)

Does your cable subscription bring you high speed internet too?

Poppy

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home