Wednesday, November 01, 2006

another quick update

So lots has happened since my last update. Again, I find myself at work so this post will be initally without pictures. It will also likely be boring, as the only things I have to say of interest are not suitable for public perusal. Mark, Vy, Sean... you know what I'm talking about. ;)

So on with the boring news. The climbing competition was Saturday Oct. 21st, and surprise surprise I took second in women's advanced, behind Cara. I found this suprising because I am barely intermediate, let alone advanced, but however. I guess when you place 2nd out of all the women there they're gonna put you in advanced regardless of where you think you should be. This is not to say I am super good, only that most of the women there were beginners, and the super strong women (other than cara) weren't competing.

The weekend after that was the weekend of the halloween parties! Friday night was fun, a bunch of us went to PES's party which was KICKIN'! There must have been 100 people there, the house was all done up with green lights, cobwebs, red lights, pumpkins, etc. A little bizarre was the fact that half the people there were from st. andrews, and were on average half my age. But whatever. Before we went to PES's we partied a bit at my place, which was good. We were quite a crew. Adam was "strapped for cash", Jones was a very convincing darth vader, Erick was a kissing booth, Angela was a goth chick, Jessica P. was a ninja, Matt Peck was a "Hello I'm:" sticker, and I was a dominatrix.

On Saturday night Jess R. and I got together for some feline fun.

We dressed ourselves up as big cats.. Jess was a tiger and I was a cheetah. We did the whole face paint bit, and had super awesome tails which harley the real cat thought were just too amusing to pass up. Jess's tail had sprouted a few feathers as well as being bent to fuck by the time Harley had finished with it. He tried the same with my tail but got a little discouraged when I hissed at him. ;) Vy, do you remember the cat comment from cerberus? ironic, no?


We all went to Jess P's party, which wasn't much of a party so from there we went to the 20/20 club, where an old dude kept pulling on my tail and meowing at me. I wanted to hiss at him, but unfortunately didn't get the chance. The 20/20 club was fun.. it was super packed and we were all dancing and jess and I kept getting our kitty paint all over everyone. I wussed out early but I guess Jess and co. stayed til close and then went back to Jess's, where Jess spent the remainder of the night socializing with ralph and buella.

This coming weekend Cindy Ishoy (Canadian Olympic medalist in dressage) is back in Saint John for a clinic, and I am riding on Friday and Saturday. It should be good, there are more people riding this time because the clinic is three days instead of two. So thats my weekend!

Then on the following Wednesday (a week from today) I head down to Baltimore, Maryland for work. Its time for me to meet the boys at the applied physics labortatory of John Hopkin's University.

busy busy busy....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol you're too funny Pippa :) I know I have to update! Been lazy!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been super busy lately Rosie :) Have a great time this weekend with the riding (how could you not?!), and if for some reason I don't see you before you leave for Maryland, have a good trip! :)

Sorry I missed the Hallowe'en parties :( Sounds like they were a blast as well.

Holly :)

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home