Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back at it

Well this is long overdue. Just a quick update because I'm at work...

I had a great christmas break. I spent the first three days making chocolates. I made 230 altogether... which boys and girls is more than 6 pounds of chocolates. I took pictures of them too, so I'll post those when I get home after work.

I needed something to keep me busy when I first got home, because my life in Fredericton is fairly hectic, and I've always got something on the go. After that the slow pace of my parent's place can make me a little antsy, so chocolate making filled that role admirably. If you're reading this and I haven't seen you since before Christmas, chances are there is a little goodie bag of chocolates heading your way! :)

Christmas day was fun, as always, and marked by lots of chocolate, presents, turkey, and general laziness. My favorite present was what I gave to my dad... He is a dry and cynical individual who likes to drink, so what I got him was perfect. I will post a picture later of him with his two christmas presents from me.

My mom was quite pleased with the prana yoga mat and accompanying hemp carrying bag I gave her. Ah, the perfect re-gifting experience! I won the yoga mat and bag in a climbing competition in October, and giving it to my mom was the ideal thing to do with it. I guess everyone else in her yoga class has a special bag for carrying their mat, but my mother didn't. So now she can prance in there with her prana bag looking very much the yuppie. :)

My Christmas break also featured a trip to the Rossmount Inn for dinner (the restaurant where I worked for 4 summers). I ate something which could only be described as raw duck liver... Kind of a Canadian equivalent of foie gras. It was tasty, but its a good thing they keep the lights down in that place because some things just look like they are not meant to be eaten. I'm pretty sure it looked like a raw organ on a plate with some potatoes and fancy decorations. I'm trying not to think about it though, for the sake of my stomach. The rest of the meal was very tasty, and following the pattern of my usual christmas overindulgences, I ate too much. I still haven't put on any weight though, which is a bonus.

New Years was interesting. Erick and I hung out at Jeff's place by ourselves for about 40 minutes, until Jeff showed up, followed closely by Vlad and Jess, Vlad's cousin, and a friend of hers. They all got so busy talking about something that they didn't notice midnight had passed. Erick and I did, though ;). After they realized they had missed it, they staged a countdown in the kitchen, at like 12:05.

I don't really make new years resolutions, or rather, I don't see why new years is the only time for making them. I make resolutions far more frequently than that. Improving your life is all about taking small steps that you can maintain, rather than big ones that you can't. But anyway, a conclusion I have come to is that I want to focus on climbing for the next two months, as well as improve my cardiovascular fitness, and get used to hiking. A whole crew of us are going to Red Rocks in Nevada in March for rope climbing and bouldering, so you can bet your boots I want to be fit when we go! :)


Happy New Year everyone! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Pippa said...

PS.

Adam tells me that he flashed the route in the upper red rocks picture. He says its a one move wonder, bouldery type problem. Looks like it would be fun to top rope to me! :)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home