Thursday, January 15, 2009

A pastel that got lost...

Here's a smaller pastel that got lost. I unearthed it in a pile of paintings in the studio a few weeks ago. It's based on a photo I took of the walking bridge in August, and I turned it into a fall painting. The fun part is, those of you who live here know that the colours of the leaves on the other side of the river there are never very intense in fall. Oh the fun of being an artist! I get to create what ever I want, provided I can see it in my "mind's eye". ;) Although I rather like this painting as is, I will probably work some more on it in the coming year.
The Walking Bridge in Fall, 2008 soft pastel, 8 x 10 inches, $80 unframed and as is.

This is actually the third painting I have done from the same reference photo. Here are the other two:
The Train Bridge, 2008 soft pastel, 7 x 10 inches, $80 unframed
The Train Bridge, 2008 watercolour, 6 x 8 inches, $50 unframed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home