Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Horses, of course!

Here are two drawings of the same photo. The first is charcoal on paper, and the second is pastel pencils on canson paper (which has more texture than regular drawing paper). Neither one is finished. I posted them though because at this rate I don't think they will be finished anytime soon. ;)
Andalusian Stallion sketch, 2008 charcoal drawing, 5 x 5 inches
Andalusian Stallion, 2008 pastel pencil, 5 x 7 inches

It had been a while since I tackled something like this in charcoal - and I enjoyed the challenge! I've learned a lot about art and drawing since the last time I used charcoal. The pastel pencils are also very fun. They provide a lot more control than ordinary pastels and allow for super fine detail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home