Friday, June 18, 2010

Work Safe!

Last Saturday we put the top row of roof panels on the south roof. And when I say 'we' I mean Erick and I by ourselves. There was nothing to tie ourselves to, and for the most part we were standing on the 8" ledge formed by the second-to-the-top row of panels while lugging around the top row. Plus the bracing on the roof went up the north side, so we had to climb up the ladder onto the north roof, then climb up the north roof, and then climb over the peak to stand on the little 8" ledge. I was nervous at first, but I got used to it somewhat. It's a fun place to sit up there - you can see everything!
Anyway, there were lots of cars passing by as we were up there and one of our kind and concerned neighbours must have (out of the goodness of their little heart) called Work Safe NB - just to be sure no one gets hurt. So we were paid a visit by Work Safe NB the other day. They recommended that we buy these special brackets for fall arrest, and really they sound like a good idea.
Oh yeah - the top photo is of our pond. Pretty isn't it? :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Ha. I had a neighbor come looking for me the winter before last when I was shoveling off my roof and then I just disappeared. Turns out I was just finished up and gone inside. She thought I whipped.

p.s. if you have any stuff to do that requires extra hands to be safe please give me a call. I'll do my best to help. After next week I may actually have time.

5:45 AM  
Blogger PsycChicMegaWatts said...

Best idea to be safe! You want to be able to enjoy that new home =)

Pond is really cute and the house looks great.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home