Friday, October 10, 2008

At the horse show

This is actually the first soft pastel painting that I attempted from a photo, and the second soft pastel I ever started. I started this in 2005 I think, and got the drawing in, and some colours on the horses, until I realized that my limited selection of 20 or so pastel colours wasn't going to do the trick. So I left it until now, three years later, with over 200 colours to use! This is 8x10, on wallis sanded paper. There is so much going on here though I think it would be worth doing a large painting of this scene.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pippa said...

Oh yeah... this photo was taken at night with a flash. The colours are off... washed out in places and too bright in others.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home